Skip to main content

Momspiration


After reading one of those mom empowering articles, I was challenged. Challenge accepted!

See, this mom painted a picture of standing in front of a mirror and not knowing who was staring back. Deep and profound thinking began.

I'm finding many moms are in the same boat. We become moms and give all of ourselves into that role. It's a beautiful title to hold and cherish. But something happens. We often give of ourselves until it hurts and then we give a little more. I think that is when the reflection in the mirror becomes skewed. We become thoroughly depleted. An empty shell going through the motions.

So, I want to remember who I am, when I see those tired eyes staring back. I am a wife. I am a mom. I am a sister, daughter, and friend. Those are all the things I am that involve somebody else. Take all that away and here is what's left...

I am a writer. Vegan. Hippie. Tennis player. Bike rider. Sci-fi Nerd. Camper. Homemade & Handmade junkie. Seeker of deep conversations. Night owl. Entrepreneur. I am stubborn. Loud. Passionate. Lost in thought. An overcomer. I am a follower of Christ. Dreamer. Outdoorsy. Health conscious. Fitness inspired.

More than just a tired, overwhelmed mom with black bags under the eyes & the complexion of a teenager because I can't recall my last shower. I'm more than just the baggy, comfy, grandpa sweats, and the stained t-shirt. I'm more than the updo, unbrushed, or bedhead I'm sporting today.

I am more. And so are you.

Mom's, let us be confident in the person staring back at us in that water spotted mirror. We each have a purpose in life and that is not something to lose sight of.

I challenge you to take a good look in the mirror, before the kids get up. Remember your passions & who you are. Make time to be the best version of YOU.

Signing off,
Shantel

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Budget Life: Homeschooling

Hi there. I am starting a mini series called Budget Life that will include tips on how we live on a single income. Today's topic is homeschooling. Homeschooling can be expensive with all the fancy curriculums and extracurricular activities available today. It feels overwhelming to decide what's worth the money and what's not. Homeschooling is also a very personal endeavor and no two homeschools are exactly the same. With that said, I am going to share with you some of the ways I navigate homeschooling on a strict budget. Here is a list of FREE homeschooling resources that I personally use. Find free community events and schedule them on your calendar. Surf Facebook for local events or the famous Google search. There are free STEM fests, Healthy kid events, Movies in the park, Fishing with free-to-use poles & bait, Concerts, Educational library classes, and all the free holiday events. This is a huge money saver and you can still have great fun and do lots of li...

Portion Fix Eating

Journeys are better when shared together. As a way to keep track of physical, mental & emotional growth, I am going to give you front row seats to the latest part of my fitness journey. I am honing in on my diet & exercise this week with a strict meal plan & consistent exercise. Sunday evening, I spent a few hours in front of my computer creating a 7 day menu based on color coded containers for the Vegan Plan B. The plan is based on a completely whole foods, approximately 1500-1800 calorie, 6 meals a day lifestyle. The containers are a way to ensure portion control or prevent one from over-eating. This is the first day of following my new meal plan... Due to my busy schedule, I did not eat the meals evenly spaced, so I found myself excessively hungry mid-afternoon. However, that was my fault. As you will see below I had quite a lot of food mapped out for my Monday... B: Shakeology x1 + Teaspoon of PB x1 S: Watermelon x2 L: Baked Caul...

Shades of Stone- Oil Holders

Photo by Joni Labaron One day you'll wake up and find oils strewn about the house. They're on your night stand, in the bathroom vanity, up on the kitchen counter. You're swimming in a chaotic sea of oily goodness. But no more! Want to keep an organized collection? Check out these luxurious, essential oil holders I discovered! Made from 100% Onyx, these hold twelve 15 ml bottles. Not only great for storage, but a beautiful display piece for any room. They are classy enough for your living room and office space. Order a 'designed by nature' holder here and show off those oils! As an added bonus, you will receive a free matching oil tray. With professional quality and design, these luxurious holders have great reviews on Amazon. The holders fit all my criteria: natural, sleek design, and effectively organizes my oils. Don't wait to get yours! They have been known to go out of stock due to high demand. Need help filling up your Onyx stone holder? C...